East Northport Train Station - 1920's
1920's: East Northport Train Station
Located on the west side of Larkfield Road in East Northport, New York 11731
- In 1867, the Long Island Railroad was extended from Syosset to Northport and a railroad station was established at Northport. In 1870, when the Railroad decided to extend the main line to Port Jefferson, it was decided that the new line would start at Greenlawn and follow an easterly path which would bring it south of Northport.
- The first train ran on January 13, 1873.
The new station located on the west side of Larkfield Road in East Northport was called the NORTHPORT RAILROAD STATION.
- Since the newer station was east of the original one, that area came to be called East Northport, although the station itself retained the name of Northport.