Unilock Stone Patio
2003: Unilock Stone Patio
ITEM- MP - 14
- Stage 1 - Complete renovation of old patio, included removal of: old shrubs, roots, stumps and grass. All original debris was hauled to land fill and discarded.
- Stage 2 - Site survey using transit to layout proper elevation and pitch of patio was extremely important for proper drainage away from house.
- Stage 3 - Pressure treated timbers "6 x 6 x 8" were used as boarder to retain patio which also matched clients existing masonry work.
- Stage 4 - After grade was set to proper depth concrete blend "RCA" was used as base and layer of sand was finally floated off.
- Stage 5 - Hand compacting of all materials used on base of patio was preformed to specs.
- Stage 6 - Unilock "Cobblestone Standard Charcoal" Stone and Holland "Charcoal" Pavers were selected here. The Holland pavers were used as the boarder or "soilder" to match according to clients orders. Giving the landscape a natural effect while still matching the existing walk and stoop masonry colors.
- Final job completion using sand stabilizer "sand lock" was used to prevent vegetation growth between cracks and tight support of masonry product. .